Most people are unaware of their rights concerning being stopped for suspicion of drunk driving. For example:
- You have the right to refuse a breathalyzer test (although there is a license suspension as a result).
- You have a right to refuse to perform field sobriety tests, such as walk and turn, finger to nose, etc.
- You have a right to contact a lawyer.
- You have the right to remain silent.
- You have a right to prompt bail and a right to demand the ability to see an independent physician to have a blood test (even if you refuse the breathalyzer).